We are growing! We are seeking a Data Collection Specialist to work out of our Kansas City office.
Since 2014, Complete Legal has been a standout among eDiscovery companies. Based in Kansas City, we are a regional powerhouse with big-league expertise, immense resources and a purpose.
We exist to remove the eDiscovery intimidation factor, making it painless for attorneys to get the information they need. We make premium eDiscovery tools and leading expertise accessible for law firms and corporations of all sizes.
Position Overview & Description:
This role is a mix of client-facing and in-office responsibilities involving the collecting and preservation of data from a variety of electronic devices and systems. Legal or data collection experience is not a requirement of this position, what is more important than formal training is a natural inclination/passion for understanding and working with technology. The ability to solve problems is mandatory.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Familiarity with and curiosity about hardware & software and their associated file systems: Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, etc.
- A basic understanding of mobile devices, messaging applications, email, social media and other forms of digital communication.
- Resourcefulness to research and gain understanding of new systems and applications and the ability to apply that understanding as a part of the data collection process.
- Ability to think critically to leverage multiple interrelated systems to increase workflow efficiency, develop new services and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Ability to think quickly and critically during tight deadlines while in high-stress environments.
- Need for strict confidentiality.
- Ability to travel during the day and possibly overnight for on-site data collections which will require reliable transportation.
Data Collections Overview:
- Extract data from mobile devices with varying operating systems (iOS, Android, & Windows Tablets & Phones).
- Search for, isolate and export pertinent data for client review.
- Research and understand UI & back-end of applications, databases, operating systems.
- Research security trends and updates for mobile devices to understand its impact on data preservation process; implement changes in data preservation/collection workflows to accommodate updates.
- Preserve and collect data from computers and servers with varying operating systems (macOS, Windows, Linux).
- Preserve and collect data from on-premise and cloud environments (document repositories, Google/Google Workspace (G Suite), Microsoft 365, etc.).
- Preserve social media and other web content.
- Research security trends and updates for business data environments to understand its impact on data preservation process; implement changes in data preservation/collections workflows to accommodate updates.
- Research the capability and limitations of various applications, devices and operating systems to develop workflows for defensible data preservation.
- Validate processes and procedures for chain of custody and validation for potential filings with court/affidavit/testimony.
- Training and experience managing Windows Active Directory Environments.
- Training and experience managing Enterprise Microsoft 365 & Google Workspace (G Suite) Environments.
- Training and experience designing and managing Amazon Web Services EC2 and S3 storage environments.
- Computer Hardware Repair Certification (Ex.: CompTIA A+ and Network+sss)
- SQL & SQLite DBA